Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Hunting 4 Wheeler

Hunter has been talking about a camo "hunting" 4 wheeler since before Christmas. It didn't work out so we could get one for Christmas, but one of Chad's buddies in Georgia had one he wanted to sell. He is actually a friend of mine too but he lives closer to Chad  ;)   He gave us a great deal so we decided we would get it. The kids love it and I hope it will last them for a few years. It's big enough for me to ride so they will probably tear it up before they out grow it! Here are a few snap shots of them on their first solo rides.






Hunter don't have a helmet but we are planning to order him one tonight. The girl's helmets came with the 4 wheeler so they were ready to ride. I've think I've been asked about a boy helmet every day since we got it! I've got the throttle on the 4-wheeler turned down so it will only run about 8-10 mph. That is fast enough for them! Just to see what it could do I opened the throttle all the way and then took it down a dirt road. That thing was doing about 30 mph with me on it!!! I was careful not to let the kids see me adjusting it back down so they won't be tempted to try it themselves. And they will not be riding it without me or Andrea outside with them. So don't worry Maw-Maw. I've got it turned down low enough I can still out run them on foot. At least on short runs :)

1 comment: