Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 8, 2011

The day after Daniel left for Germany we celebrated the 25th anniversary of Glenn and Ruth Vollrath. He is going to miss quite a bit this trip. I made the cake, Daniel helped with the leveling before he left :), (Thanks, Deborah for bringing the cake leveler, it worked great!). I was satisfied with the finished product, unfortunately I can't say that every time. The "groom's" cake was one of those instances. After I finished the other one I didn't have a lot of time to work with it. It definitely tasted better than it looked. I appreciate all the nice compliments I received on them! I'm posting some of the pics from that day from my perspective I guess you could say. Deanna gave me the pictures since my own photographer was unavailable:) I figure she'll post the others on her blog. She, along with others, worked very hard on all the decorations and other things.


 A work of art:). Somehow Reuben thinks he should
get credit for this. Go figure.


Delicious, if I do say so myself...










 A very special family:





The kids "hanging" in there. Paige wanted this pose
so of course Brooke and Hunter had to try.






Reuben and Hunter throwing punches:






 Hunter playing football with the big boys.
 He thinks he is a big as they are.

I had to call him in to change clothes so he wouldn't get grass "staings"
ADP

2 comments:

  1. that chocolate cake was beautiful - loved the little "25's" on it. :) Allison and I were saying that we wished we would have had another one for Sunday! (even though that would have been asking too much.) :) It is definitely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake was really pretty and tasted great also. You do such a wonderful job, whether you think so or not:) Love ya!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete