Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ingolstadt Panorama

Here is a panorama shot looking into Ingolstadt. The center city is to the right but you can see there is much more than just this area. I have time on my hands today so I thought I would put this one together. This is also a large file so only view at original size if you have high speed internet!

I will also add a few pics here of some of the food we have eaten. The two long walks we took last week were for pizza and some authentic German food. Sorry for the low quality pics, but I only had my phone to work with.

Here is a sample of the pizzas you get here. Everything is home made and the crust is always thin. I think every pizza place we have been to has cooked the pizzas on an open hearth. Really good stuff!

 This is a dish of jaeger-schnitzel and spaetzle. Schnitzel is basically a deep fried boneless pork chop that has been hammered flat. The jaeger schnitzel is covered in a mushroom sauce. This was my first time trying the mushroom sauce and it was awesome! Spaetzle is a hand rolled noodle that is a cross between pastry/dumplings and noodles. It is a common side for many dishes.

 This is a German salad. The first time I was expecting something like our salads. A German salad is more of a mixed vegetable plate than a American salad. This one had tomato, cucumber in a oil sauce, carrots, cabbage, corn, cheese, and a few types of other greens. It was okay, but I couldn't find Thousand Island anywhere ;)

And this was dessert. Apfelstrudel mit ice. Yeah, that means apple pie with ice cream. Again, the apfelstrudel was homemade and really good. I haven't weighed lately, but I'm sure I'm not loosing any!

No comments:

Post a Comment