Sunday, February 13, 2011

Magdeburg pics

This is going to be short on words, long on pics. These are pics from a walk around that Larry, Doug -another coworker who was already here, and myself took today. I want to go back to the big church and take some pics before we leave. They charge a little to take pics, so not for me on Sunday! Doug told me that this town is mostly Protestant and they were actually ransacked by the Romans because of it. He said that during this time the population of Magdeburg went from 20,000 to 400. Lots of history all around. The church and gardens we visited were both bombed during the war. This church was built in the early 1200's if I remember correctly.


This is my traveling buddy Larry




This was a small scale replica of Magdeburg from the old days
Yours truly in the square at Magdeburg. This was in front of the large church








Yeah, it is COLD!

These shots are from an indoor botanical garden in town. 
It was so humid inside that I had to keep cleaning my lens.








These cacti don't look too impressive until you know they are 150 years old!!!
And last but not least, my supper! Breaking bread for real ;)

Not exactly a toaster, but it worked!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Daniel,

    Love the pics and the history....
    oh..and the cacti..cool...lol
    Missed you this weekend.
    Happy "V" Day!!
    Beka

    ReplyDelete