Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

 So here I am 4000 miles away from my sweetheart on Valentine's Day. This is no fun at all sitting here thinking about it. But we really did have a good day today overall. We met a lot of people and tried new things - a crocodile supper for me! Larry and I also went back to the church to take some inside pics. That was about all we done for sight seeing today. It was about 1°C again today but the wind had picked up a lot. My guess would be sustained winds of 15 mph with gusts to 25. It made a cold day even colder! So here are the shots from the church. They don't do justice to the real thing, but I done my best.
Note for the new guys: you can click on the pictures to bring them up larger and zoom in.

The Magdeburg Cathedral







Emperor Otto's tomb in the center of the church

Above Emperor Otto's tomb



The first statue of a black man in Europe - Saint Maurice - 1250


St. Catherine - 1250 a.d.











Have any idea what these lady's are depicting? Think parables.

If you guessed the parable of the 10 virgins, you are right! These are the 5 foolish.

Magdeburg Monument


And last, my Valentine's supper. Not with my Baby, but a group of great co-workers. I had the special 339. And no, it did not taste like chicken. More along the lines of grilled pork chop. It was really good!



And a note to my wonderful wife. I miss you so much and wish you were here. I'm so sorry that we had to spend Valentine's day apart. I've thought about you all day and am ready to head home right NOW! I love you and those wonderful children you have given me. Give them all a big hug and kiss for me. Love Always,
Your Baby

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Germany is awesome! Seth was looking at these pictures over my shoulder and said, " Wow! Is that Disney World?" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying! I wish you were home with your little family too! However, the pictures are awesome. If you meet any Vollraths, tell them we said Hi!! :) We are praying that God will keep you safe and well while you are there.
    Ruth V.

    ReplyDelete