Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow days


Lets go back a few days to the big snow here in SC. We get a snow like this every five years or so it seems. We went to bed Sunday night with no snow falling and awoke with about 3" on the ground. Of course I couldn't make it to work for fear of getting snowed in, so I called in ;)  By nightfall we had about 8". We decided to bundle up and get out for some playtime Monday afternoon.

Bundled and ready to play!
I couldn't hold them off for long. I had to run right after taking this shot.

We decided to build a snowman, a BIG one. The kids started it off and we helped them out when once it got too big for them. It stayed around until Sunday, when I finally gave in to the temptation to knock it down.

The finished project turned out good for our first real snowman.

Tuesday afternoon with my girl


Monday night the snow turned to sleet and coated everything with about 1/4" of ice. 8" of snow topped with ice was just begging for some four wheeler fun. Tuesday we carried my 2 man plastic boat to the big field in front of our house and hooked up to the four wheeler. We had Ross and his kids come over as well and Holly and Reuben. Everyone took turns in the boat and had a blast. Unfortunately, I was the dedicated driver and we didn't get any pics. We all had a great time and will remember these snow days for years to come. We are already looking forward to the next one, even if will be 2015 before we see it!

MDP

2 comments:

  1. wow! That's a huge snowman! I'm sure y'all had tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird people! u r freaks

    ReplyDelete